Which of these sounds like something a Christian might say?
- I am thinking of adding prayers to Krishna to my devotional life.
- I put a statue of Buddha in my front yard.
- Jesus F—king Christ! I hate it when people profane God’s name.
- The last time my mom told me what to do, I spat in her face.
- I’m so tired of my neighbor’s dog pooping in my yard. If finally hired a hit man to take him out - the neighbor, not the dog.
- I’m taking my secretary out for a quickie over lunch.
- I’m short for rent again, so I guess I’ll have to rob another bank.
- Perjury isn’t so bad, really, is it?
- I'm trying to figure out a way to get my neighbor out of the picture, so I can have his life, his car, and his wife.
- I’m so behind at work that I’m going to have to work all weekend, again.
Church, we have a problem with work and rest.
Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your oxen and donkeys and other livestock, and any foreigners living among you. All your male and female servants must rest as you do. Remember that you were once slaves in Egypt, but the Lord your God brought you out with his strong hand and powerful arm. That is why the Lord your God has commanded you to rest on the Sabbath day. (Deuteronomy 5:12-15, #4 of the 10 Commandments, still)